What's new in priPrinter 6.2
In 6.X versions almost all changes are inside. Despite of that, changes are great. For instance: Support of different sizes and orientations, Page combining mode especially optimized for Excel tables, New 2X faster JPEG library.
This release brings many small but important features, along with many small fixes.
Currently priPrinter automatically selects PDF version based on document and used features, but sometimes version is more important than features and size of document. So there is a choice. This is in PDF Options dialog.
priPrinter already has it's own scripting engine and extension is more advancved sort of scripts. For instance, extension may have it's own button in the ribbon, or configuration dialog. For instance, very simple extension creates custom button in priPrinter ribbon UI.
Just a small feature to show all starred (pinned) documents on the top of the list. "Starred documents" are available on a history tab.
This release is mostly about bug fixes and minor improvents.
- "Auto Trim" and "Remove Crop" commands now can be added to Quick Access toolbar.
- Status bar now displays current paper sheet. All items in status bar are reduced a bit.
- Many improvements in deleting selected text. Text cursor should be updated correctly and furhter work with text on that page should be more consistent.
- Now, it's possible to customize Reflow and Shrink.
- Mnay improvements in script debugger. Now you can quickly look up a value in a debugger session by hovering your mouse over it in a text editor
- Internal Font Manager was updated. Now embedded fonts with same name should be handled properly.
- UI Scaling - An ability to better support high DPI monitors: 125% and 150% levels. Scaling can be activated automatically or manually.
- Script Debugger and many new functions in script engine.
- Customizable page borders
- Added an ability to reorder "Print-To" buttons.
- Minor features: Invert print colors.
- Portrait/Landscape orientation in one output document/job.
- Different paper sizes in one output document/job.
- PDF - Convert text to curves - new feature is added.
- Printing: Flip output horizontally/vertically. May be helpful if you are working with transparencies.
- Combine pages horizontally.
- Combine pages horizontally + smart mode especially for Excel tables.
- Print statistics - now with inks coverage.
- New fast JPEG library ( libjpeg-turbo ).
- "Print and Exit" option is now available for custom "Print To" buttons.
- Crop Marks. New in priPrinter 6.0.1
- Many small changes and improvements
Features in Depth
Portrait/Landscape orientation and different paper sizes - This new feature is available in Original or One Page layout when orientation is Automatic.
- In original layout - orientation and page sizes can be different, in one page layout - page size is always match size of output printer, while orientation can be portrait or landscape.
- In double sided mode orientation is determined by front side so it is better to use same orientation for both sizes.
- Parts of the page which possibly can't be printed by activate printer are marked by red color.
While mixed orientations can be printed quite good, different paper sizes are for PDF mostly. Parts which can be clipped by your printer will be highlighted with red color.
PDF - Convert text to curves - This is an additional option in PDF options, advanced tab.
Flip printing - this is an additional control, which can be configured via print preview pane options.
Combine pages horizontally - Select two or more pages, right click on any selected page and select combine.
Learn more about printing tables.
JPEG library - priPrinter quite often compress and decompress images. It happens every time you print to priPrinter, open .priPrinter file, generate PDF file. New code is about two times faster, as result the whole printing experience is smoother.